- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 25 pcs
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryServe these over rice as a main course, or offer as an hors d'oeuvre.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1-ounce package dry onion soup mix
- 1 12-ounce bottle home-style chili sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, celery, parsley, egg and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons soup mix; blend well.
- Using moistened hands, form mixture into 1-inch-diameter balls and place on sheet of foil.
- Combine chili sauce, 3/4 cup water, raisins, vinegar, sugar and remaining soup mix in heavy large pot.
- Bring to simmer over medium-low heat.
- Drop meatballs into sauce.
- Cover pot and simmer until meatballs are cooked through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.