SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrots, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Frozen pre-cooked meatballs, enough to cover the bottom of large skillet.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, green pepper, and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes, until onion is softened. Stir in broth, tomato sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, applesauce, and ketchup. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Drop meatballs into sauce and simmer for another 30 minutes to let the meatballs soak in the flavors.
Remove skillet from heat. Cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Serve over rice or noodles.
Website Credit: http://www.allrecipes.com