- Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- * 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- * 2 eggs
- * 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- * 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- * 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- * 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- * 1/2 cup white sugar
- * 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, salt, ground black pepper, eggs, onion flakes and 1/2 of the can of tomato sauce. Mix together well and place into a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- 3. Push the meatloaf down into the pan forming a well for the sauce around all the edges.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, white sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- 6. After meatloaf has cooked for 40 minutes, remove from oven and pour sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- 7. Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 more minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before removing from pan.
NFPG Recipe Collection
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Special SmoothiesSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More