- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 lbs. ( 4 or 5 depending on size) cucumbers, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbls. black peppercorns
- 1 Tbls. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Combine, vinegars, sugar and salt in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- Toss cucumber slices with all remaining ingredients in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour hot vinegar mixture over the top and toss well.
- Let stand two hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to pint jars and store in the fridge.
NotesAdapted from Southern Living Magazine, August 2010
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Michoacan Style Carnitas Recipe
Toasted Coconut WafersSee More