- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 lbs. ( 4 or 5 depending on size) cucumbers, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbls. black peppercorns
- 1 Tbls. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Combine, vinegars, sugar and salt in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- Toss cucumber slices with all remaining ingredients in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour hot vinegar mixture over the top and toss well.
- Let stand two hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to pint jars and store in the fridge.
NotesAdapted from Southern Living Magazine, August 2010
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Decadent Desserts Made From
NFPG Recipe Collection
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More