SWEET AND SOUR PICKLES
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 lbs. ( 4 or 5 depending on size) cucumbers, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbls. black peppercorns
- 1 Tbls. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
Combine, vinegars, sugar and salt in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Set aside.
Toss cucumber slices with all remaining ingredients in a 9x13 baking dish.
Pour hot vinegar mixture over the top and toss well.
Let stand two hours.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
Transfer to pint jars and store in the fridge.