SWEET AND SOUR PORK (6 PTS)
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of all visible fat, trimmed into 1/2" cubes
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 (8-oz) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
Combine the pork with 1 Tbsp of the cornstarch in a medium bowl; toss well to coat and set aside. Combine the remaining 1 Tbsp cornstarch, the water, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
Heat a nonstick wok or a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Swirl in the oil, then add the pork. Stir-fry until almost cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the bell pepper and pineapple; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the vinegar mixture and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils and thickens and the pork is just cooked through, 1-2 minutes.
6 points per cup