- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4- 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 green pepper, cut in thin strips
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Cut pork slices into strips about 3 inches long and 1/2 to 1 inch wide.
- Sauté pork strips in hot oil over medium heat until lightly browned; drain.
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
- Combine pineapple juice, 3/4 cup water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and salt; pour over pork in skillet.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- In a cup, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water; stir until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pork mixture.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add pineapple chunks, onion and green pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice.
NotesGreat taste & smells wonderful cooking.