- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5 - 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 lbs. (approx) country style pork ribs, boneless
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 med onion chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil, and brown ribs on all sides. Salt and pepper to taste as you turn. Place in crock pot, topping with onion
- Combine juice, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, broth and garlic; pour mixture over ribs.
- Cover and cook over low 7-9 hours.
- Remove meat and shred with fork, return meat to crock pot
- if you'd like to thicken the sauce, dissolve 2 tablespoons corn starch in 3 tablespoons water. Turn crock control to high, stir into rib mixture. Cover and cook on high for an addition 10 - 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with white rice and stir fried veggies.
NotesI should really call it "fall apart pork". I had completely different plans for this meal until I looked in my frig and realized i didnt have what I needed. I then did a mad search for something I could do that matched what I had in the pantry. Of course I didnt have everything that a single recipe called for so....I improvised...and this is what I got
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More