- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5 - 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 lbs. (approx) country style pork ribs, boneless
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 med onion chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil, and brown ribs on all sides. Salt and pepper to taste as you turn. Place in crock pot, topping with onion
- Combine juice, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, broth and garlic; pour mixture over ribs.
- Cover and cook over low 7-9 hours.
- Remove meat and shred with fork, return meat to crock pot
- if you'd like to thicken the sauce, dissolve 2 tablespoons corn starch in 3 tablespoons water. Turn crock control to high, stir into rib mixture. Cover and cook on high for an addition 10 - 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with white rice and stir fried veggies.
NotesI should really call it "fall apart pork". I had completely different plans for this meal until I looked in my frig and realized i didnt have what I needed. I then did a mad search for something I could do that matched what I had in the pantry. Of course I didnt have everything that a single recipe called for so....I improvised...and this is what I got
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
The Italian Exchange
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More