- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time: 15
- For the Cake
- 1 1/2 c. fresh Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 c. Sunflower oil
- 1/3 c. Soy Milk
- 1/2 c. Sucunant
- 1/2 c. organic sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 3/4 c. oat flour
- 1/2 c. gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ginger
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 t. garam masala
- For the Icing:
- 3 T. Earth Balance
- 1/2 c. vegan (i.e. Tofutti) or organic cream cheese
- 2 c. organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together pumpkin, oil, milk, sugars and vanilla, either the old fashioned way, or with an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger,nutmeg, and garam masala. Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix until just combined.
- Spread batter into an 8×8 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven, and cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare frosting by beating together margarine, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Frost cooled bars. Store leftover bars in the refrigerator.
- Spread the frosting over the cake, and serve with soy eggnog, or chai tea.
NotesPumpkin is good for you. And it's good in lots of ways. This is a recipe I found online one day, and finally made yesterday. And all I've got to say is, wow!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More