- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8-12 thin pork chops
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 large white onion
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 cups of water
- salt,pepper to taste
- Slice all your vegetables into pretty thin strips.
- Peel the garlic and keep whole.
- Sautee veggies and garlic in a tbs of canola oil until soft, remove and reserve.
- Slice the pork into thin strips.
- Add another tbs of oil and toss in the pork, cook through til golden.
- Add veggies back in and toss.
- In a large bowl mix your oil, ketchup, brown sugar.
- Once all mixed, slowly whisk in the water until you acheive a thick sauce.
- More or less to your taste.
- Add the sauce to the pan and mix in, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let the sauce reduce by half or more if you wish.
- Serve with some sticky white rice.
- You can also add soy and ginger in the mix for the sauce and give it an Asian spin.
- Chicken works great with this recipe as well.
- Bon Appetit!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Cooking for a CureSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More