Sweet n Sour Pork (or Chicken, or Shrimp)
Why I Love This Recipe
I love to make Asian food at home- it's SOOOOO much better than 90% of Chinese restaurants!
Ingredients You'll Need
1-2lbs Pork Loin, sliced & diced to bite-size
Salt & Pepper
1/2 Pineapple, diced
3-4 Carrots, sliced
1 rib Celery, sliced
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 Onion, diced
3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
1/3c Soy Sauce
1tblsp Chili-Garlic Sauce
1/4c Cidar or Rice Vinegar
1tsp Corn Starch
* Heat oil over med-hi flame in wok (or lg frying pan).
* Salt & pepper meat; add to hot oil to brown, stirring frequently, 2-3min.
* Add all veggies and season liberally w/5-Spice; cook, stirring frequently, 5-7min.
* Mix together remaining ingredients in separate bowl, blending well.
* Pour sweet n sour sauce over meat & veggies; reduce heat, cover but not tightly, and cook til veggies are your desired state of tenderness. Stir frequently to coat w/sauce and to prevent burning, as sauce will thicken as it cooks.
* Serve over steamed rice!
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Asian