- Cooking Time: 20-25min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5min
- 1-2lbs Pork Loin, sliced & diced to bite-size
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Chinese 5-Spice
- 1/2 Pineapple, diced
- 3-4 Carrots, sliced
- 1 rib Celery, sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1c Ketchup
- 1/3c Soy Sauce
- 1tblsp Chili-Garlic Sauce
- 1/4c Cidar or Rice Vinegar
- 1/4c Sugar
- 1tsp Corn Starch
- Steamed Rice
- * Heat oil over med-hi flame in wok (or lg frying pan).
- * Salt & pepper meat; add to hot oil to brown, stirring frequently, 2-3min.
- * Add all veggies and season liberally w/5-Spice; cook, stirring frequently, 5-7min.
- * Mix together remaining ingredients in separate bowl, blending well.
- * Pour sweet n sour sauce over meat & veggies; reduce heat, cover but not tightly, and cook til veggies are your desired state of tenderness. Stir frequently to coat w/sauce and to prevent burning, as sauce will thicken as it cooks.
- * Serve over steamed rice!
NotesI love to make Asian food at home- it's SOOOOO much better than 90% of Chinese restaurants!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More