- Cooking Time: 20-25min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5min
- 1-2lbs Pork Loin, sliced & diced to bite-size
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Chinese 5-Spice
- 1/2 Pineapple, diced
- 3-4 Carrots, sliced
- 1 rib Celery, sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1c Ketchup
- 1/3c Soy Sauce
- 1tblsp Chili-Garlic Sauce
- 1/4c Cidar or Rice Vinegar
- 1/4c Sugar
- 1tsp Corn Starch
- Steamed Rice
- * Heat oil over med-hi flame in wok (or lg frying pan).
- * Salt & pepper meat; add to hot oil to brown, stirring frequently, 2-3min.
- * Add all veggies and season liberally w/5-Spice; cook, stirring frequently, 5-7min.
- * Mix together remaining ingredients in separate bowl, blending well.
- * Pour sweet n sour sauce over meat & veggies; reduce heat, cover but not tightly, and cook til veggies are your desired state of tenderness. Stir frequently to coat w/sauce and to prevent burning, as sauce will thicken as it cooks.
- * Serve over steamed rice!
NotesI love to make Asian food at home- it's SOOOOO much better than 90% of Chinese restaurants!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More