- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can of Grands Flakey Biscuits
- 1 large boiled sweet potato
- Simple syrup (1 1/2 cups sugar to 1 1/2 cups water)-cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- brown sugar
- Boil sweet potato in skin until tender. Cool and peel.Cut in to 1 inch slices.
- Separate biscuits. With one biscuit at a time, flatten into a large circle.
- Place 1 sweet potato slice in the center of the biscuit. Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over top of sweet potato. Fold biscuit over sweet potato and place folded side down in large baking dish.(You may have to really stretch the dough) About 6 biscuits will fit in to dish. Don't crowd, they really spread. You may have to use more than one dish.
- Make your simple syrup and pour over top of biscuits. Dot with butter and bake per the directions on the biscuit can. Serve them warm with some extra syrup over top.
- Your family will love them.
NotesGreat for dinner with the girls!! My friend Rosemary shared this recipe with our group of friends and it has quickly become a favorite in my family. Okay, this is southern cooking, so the recipe isn't exact. You can't mess it up!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Fun appetizers and snacks
Short & SweetSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More