- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large organic free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- a good shake or two of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup organic stone ground cornmeal [I used Lambs]
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom of a 7 or 8-inch cake pan and dust it with cornmeal.
- I used a Springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs till frothy, and add the oil; whisk to combine.
- Add the sweet potato puree and whisk well.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pie spice and whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients into the wet; and stir by hand just enough to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake on a center rack in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or so, until the cornbread is firm to the touch and golden.
- Check with a wooden pick, if necessary; if it emerges clean, the cornbread is done. [Remember, Dear Reader, I bake at high altitude, so please use your own tried-and-true guidelines for baking times.]
- Cool the cornbread in the pan, on a wire rack, for ten minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool.
- Serve slightly warm, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More