- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbls. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- For sauce: 1 1/2 cups frozen dark cherries
- 1/4 cup water
- 3-4 Tbls. sugar
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- Add cherries, water and sugar into a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted, set aside.
- Beat egg with a hand mixer.
- Add all remaining ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Pour batter into a large piping bag with a large round tip.
- Pipe batter into heart shapes in a hot griddle, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook until golden (about 2 minutes) and flip, repeat.
- Serve hot topped with sauce and powdered sugar.
NotesI made a sweet and heart healthy Valentine's Day breakfast for myself and the hubby today! It was soo yummy with a cup of my favorite french vanilla coffee.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More