- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
- First, pre-heat your ovens to 400F, and grease 6 muffin cups.
- Whisk together the first six ingredients (flour through cornstarch) and divide it roughly into two bowls.
- Stir the cocoa powder into one of the two bowls.
- Melt together the chocolate chips and the butter, then stir in 2 tablespoons of the sour cream.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the cocoa muffin mix and add 2 tablespoons water. Stir gently to combine without overmixing, and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons sour cream, the vanilla and the rest of the water to the plain mix and bring together gently.
- If either mixture is too dry, add 1-2 teaspoons of water.
- Put a large dollop of chocolate batter into the bottom of the greased tins, dividing it evenly between each cup.
- Place 1 strawberry half, cut-side down, on top of the chocolate batter.
- Top with the vanilla batter, again dividing it evenly and making sure the chocolate batter and strawberries are covered completely.
- Pop 'em into the oven for 20 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
NotesI made these today for my fiance, and documented it on my blog (http://yummysmells.blogspot.com). These are a true taste sensation: creamy, slightly tangy vanilla and chocolate batters sandwich a sweet, succulent strawberry heart. All I can say is wow!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More