- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- BUFFALO PEANUT BUTTER
- 3 ¾ cups Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp. honey
- 1 ½ tsp. peanut oil
- ½ cup buffalo peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- Sour cream for garnish
- Chives for garnish
- Buffalo Peanut Butter Preparation:
- Place Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®, salt, and honey into the bowl of a food processor, process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, place the lid on and continue the process while slowly drizzling in 1 ½ tsp. peanut oil. Process until smooth.
- Soup Preparation:
- Heat 1 tbsp. peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, salt, and pepper. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin and cayenne pepper, sweet potatoes, crushed tomatoes, buffalo peanut butter, and water; bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer covered until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Purée with an immersion blender.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Sweetie Pie Soup, was created by Michael Daniel.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Koken met Oma
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More