- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- BUFFALO PEANUT BUTTER
- 3 ¾ cups Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp. honey
- 1 ½ tsp. peanut oil
- ½ cup buffalo peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- Sour cream for garnish
- Chives for garnish
- Buffalo Peanut Butter Preparation:
- Place Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®, salt, and honey into the bowl of a food processor, process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, place the lid on and continue the process while slowly drizzling in 1 ½ tsp. peanut oil. Process until smooth.
- Soup Preparation:
- Heat 1 tbsp. peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, salt, and pepper. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin and cayenne pepper, sweet potatoes, crushed tomatoes, buffalo peanut butter, and water; bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer covered until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Purée with an immersion blender.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Sweetie Pie Soup, was created by Michael Daniel.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More