- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- BUFFALO PEANUT BUTTER
- 3 ¾ cups Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp. honey
- 1 ½ tsp. peanut oil
- ½ cup buffalo peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- Sour cream for garnish
- Chives for garnish
- Buffalo Peanut Butter Preparation:
- Place Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®, salt, and honey into the bowl of a food processor, process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, place the lid on and continue the process while slowly drizzling in 1 ½ tsp. peanut oil. Process until smooth.
- Soup Preparation:
- Heat 1 tbsp. peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, salt, and pepper. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin and cayenne pepper, sweet potatoes, crushed tomatoes, buffalo peanut butter, and water; bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer covered until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Purée with an immersion blender.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Sweetie Pie Soup, was created by Michael Daniel.
Lau Family Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Summertime SippersSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More