- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 c whole pecans or walnuts
- 1 1/3 cups pitted dates, about 16 dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Penzeys Natural Cocoa Powder
- to garnish: coarse sea salt, unsweetened shredded coconut (toasted or untoasted)
- Place nuts, dates, vanilla, and cocoa powder in the bowl of a food processor. Process on high until the mixture forms a paste. There’s a magic moment when it transforms from disparate ingredients into something smooth, glossy, and tempting.
- 2. Wet your hands with water and shake off the excess, then roll the “dough” into 1-inch balls. Set on a baking sheet.
- 3. Garnish!
- Sea salt: Put a few tablespoons of sea salt on a plate and dip the top of the fudge bombs into the salt. You want just 3-4 grains to stick to the top.
- Coconut: Put a few tablespoons of shredded coconut on a plate and roll the fudge ball in the coconut, pressing it into the sides of the ball with your hands. (To toast coconut, spread it on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 350 for 5-15 minutes. Check it every 5 minutes to stir and make sure it’s not burning.)
- 5. Place fudge bombs in fridge for 30-60 minutes to firm up, then eat. But just one. Or maybe two. Share with friends!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More