- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 9" pie crust, unbaked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half & half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter over bottom of pastry shell; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Spread in shell. Toss cheese with flour; sprinkle over onion. In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream and salt. Pour evenly over cheese.
- Bake uncovered, @ 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees; bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Le stand 10 minutes before cutting.
NotesI made this Quiche for dinner tonight and WOW !! The best thing about this recipe besides the taste, is that by adding your favorite extra ingredients you can make it to suit your own personal taste. I added a can of mushrooms and used puff pastry for the crust.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Simple Homemade Favorites
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More