- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 9" pie crust, unbaked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half & half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter over bottom of pastry shell; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Spread in shell. Toss cheese with flour; sprinkle over onion. In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream and salt. Pour evenly over cheese.
- Bake uncovered, @ 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees; bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Le stand 10 minutes before cutting.
NotesI made this Quiche for dinner tonight and WOW !! The best thing about this recipe besides the taste, is that by adding your favorite extra ingredients you can make it to suit your own personal taste. I added a can of mushrooms and used puff pastry for the crust.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More