- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 8 oz Dry White Wine
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 8 oz of Grated Gruyere
- 8 oz of Grated Emmental
- 1 Tsp Corn Flour
- 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 TB Kirsch (Cherry Liquor)
- Crusty bread cubes
- Rub the inside of your fondue pot (mine is enameled cast iron) with the clove of Garlic.
- Pour in the wine and lemon juice and heat gently until it just begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to low and gradually stir in the grated cheeses.
- Continue heating until the cheese melts and is smooth (This does take awhile).
- In a small bowl, blend corn flour, curry powder and kirsch, then stir into the cheese mixture and continue cooking for another 2 - 3 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Do not allow the fondue to boil at this point.
- Move fondue pot from the stove to your burner stand and keep warm.
- Serve with crusty bread cubes.
NotesI absolutely love fondue. Fond memories of Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve back in the 70s.