- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. dry white wine (or 2 oz. per person)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced (press it for stronger flavor)
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- nutmeg, freshly ground (yeah right)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 oz. Kirshwasser (a cherry liquor)
- 1 oz. heavy cream
- Flour the cheese and season with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice and white wine to a small pan over low heat.
- Warm to a very low simmer and whisk cheese in slowly.
- Do not add additional cheese until all cheese has blended.
- Add cream and whisk into cheese until blended. Finish with Kirshwasser and nuteg.
- Add to fondue pot over low flame.
- (Note: I thought that this recipe was too salty/strong, so I will redue the amount of wine next time
NotesThis recipe serve 4-6 generally. So if you need more, add a bit more wine or cheese. These recipes are free-form, so adjust accordingly :)
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More