- 8 oz. dry white wine (or 2 oz. per person)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced (press it for stronger flavor)
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- nutmeg, freshly ground (yeah right)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 oz. Kirshwasser (a cherry liquor)
- 1 oz. heavy cream
Flour the cheese and season with a touch of salt and pepper.
Add the garlic, lemon juice and white wine to a small pan over low heat.
Warm to a very low simmer and whisk cheese in slowly.
Do not add additional cheese until all cheese has blended.
Add cream and whisk into cheese until blended. Finish with Kirshwasser and nuteg.
Add to fondue pot over low flame.
(Note: I thought that this recipe was too salty/strong, so I will redue the amount of wine next time