- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. dry white wine (or 2 oz. per person)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced (press it for stronger flavor)
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- nutmeg, freshly ground (yeah right)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 oz. Kirshwasser (a cherry liquor)
- 1 oz. heavy cream
- Flour the cheese and season with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice and white wine to a small pan over low heat.
- Warm to a very low simmer and whisk cheese in slowly.
- Do not add additional cheese until all cheese has blended.
- Add cream and whisk into cheese until blended. Finish with Kirshwasser and nuteg.
- Add to fondue pot over low flame.
- (Note: I thought that this recipe was too salty/strong, so I will redue the amount of wine next time
NotesThis recipe serve 4-6 generally. So if you need more, add a bit more wine or cheese. These recipes are free-form, so adjust accordingly :)