- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, (3 sticks), softened, cut into tablespoons
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Put egg whites and sugar in the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer set over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisking constantly, cook until sugar has dissolved and mixture is warm (about 160 degrees.
- Attach bowl to a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Beat egg white mixture on high speed until it forms stiff (but not dry) peaks.
- Continue beating until fluffy and cooled, about 6 minutes.
- Switch to the paddle attachment. With mixer on medium-low, add butter several tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition. (If frosting appears to separate after all butter has been added, beat on medium-high speed until smooth again, 3 to 5 minutes more.)
- Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low; beat 2 minutes to eliminate air bubbles. Stir with a rubber spatula until smooth.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More