- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lime leaf
- 3 tbsp salt
- 5 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 swordfish steaks(8 oz each)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, sliced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Bruise the lime leaf by crushing slightly to release the flavor.
- 2. To make the marinade, process the salt, brown sugar and lime leaf in a food processor or blender until thoroughly blended.
- 3. Place the swordfish steaks in a bowl. Sprinkle the marinade over them and add the lemongrass and ginger. Set aside in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to marinate.
- 4. Rinse off the marinade and and pat the fish dry with paper towels.
- 5. Peel the lime. Cut the peel into very thin strips. Squeeze the juice from the fruit.
- 6. Heat a wok, then add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the lime rind and then the swordfish steaks. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the lime juice. Remove the wok from the heat. Slice the avocado and add to the fish. Season to taste and serve
NotesThis recipe comes from The Ultimate Chinese & Asian Cookbook. A special friend gave me this cookbook and I absolutely love it and use it often. Swordfish is a firm-textured, meaty fish that cooks well in a wok if it has been marinated as steaks rather than cut strips. Tuna is a good substitute for swordfish if you can not find swordfish at your local grocery.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More