SWORDFISH WITH GINGER & LEMONGRASS
Swordfish with Ginger & Lemongrass
- 1 lime leaf
- 3 tbsp salt
- 5 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 swordfish steaks(8 oz each)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, sliced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- Salt and ground black pepper
Bruise the lime leaf by crushing slightly to release the flavor.
2. To make the marinade, process the salt, brown sugar and lime leaf in a food processor or blender until thoroughly blended.
3. Place the swordfish steaks in a bowl. Sprinkle the marinade over them and add the lemongrass and ginger. Set aside in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to marinate.
4. Rinse off the marinade and and pat the fish dry with paper towels.
5. Peel the lime. Cut the peel into very thin strips. Squeeze the juice from the fruit.
6. Heat a wok, then add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the lime rind and then the swordfish steaks. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the lime juice. Remove the wok from the heat. Slice the avocado and add to the fish. Season to taste and serve