- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 3 Entrée or 12 Side
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 2–3 tbsp cooking oil
- Toppings of choice
- Mix cottage cheese, flour, sugar, and egg in a bowl.
- Form small balls with the dough by rolling it in your hands.
- Then smash the balls so they form small flat patties.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Put 2 patties in the skillet at a time and fry on each side.
- When golden, remove and keep warm until all are prepared.
- Top with your favorite topping, sour cream, jelly/jam, or honey.
Notes*SYRNIKI [sihr-NEE-kee] - Russian in origin, syrniki is a dish of fried cheese cakes that can be served sweet - sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar and sour cream - or savory, topped with sour cream and herbs such as dill.
Syrniki are made with a mixture of pot cheese or farmer’s cheese, flour and beaten eggs, which is formed into cakes before being sautéed on both sides until brown.
Note also—this dish can be served as an entrée or as a side dish. The nutrition information was calculated for the side dish portions.