- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups canola oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 ounce hot chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin or white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 pound green beans, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- To medium Dutch oven, add 2 cups canola oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
- In medium saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add ginger and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until it turns light brown; quickly add soy sauce, chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, hoisin, mirin, sesame oil and cilantro.
- Fry the green beans in the canola oil for about 45 seconds, or until beans turn dark green. Remove, strain, and add to sauce. Toss and garnish with peanuts and parsley.