SZECHUAN NOODLES WITH SPICY BEEF SAUCE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces Chinese noodles, cooked (or any thin spaghetti if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain and keep warm.
- Pour sesame oil in pan and heat till hot. Saute onion and next 4 ingredients in hot sesame oil until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and beef broth, whisking until smooth.
- Stir broth mixture, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce into onion mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in ground beef.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta, and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More