- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. cooked Quinoa
- 2 c. very hot water
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, (8) sliced
- ½ c. fresh chopped mint
- 2 c. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- ½ c. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. pepper
- 2 tsp.. Salt or to taste
- Prepare Quinoa as directed on the package.
- Meantime, prepare the vegetables for the salad and mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Set aside.
- Stir the prepared grain, other salad ingredients,
- and dressing together in a medium
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Summer 2010
(a Middle Eastern grain and vegetable salad)