- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Tastes-like-taffy-apple dressing:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Reserved juice from 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (8 oz) carton Cool Whip
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ( 20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserving juice/syrup
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 medium-size delicious apples, cored and cubed (about 6 to 7 cups)
- 1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- maraschino cherries and lychees, halved (optional)
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, egg and pineapple juice in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Cover surface of mixture with plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Fold in cool whip and almond extract to chilled mixture.
- Mix in fruits, marshmallows and nuts.
NotesI used to make fruit salads the old fashioned way - fruits swimming in a rich nestle cream and condensed milk dressing. Then one day Titah Linda of Filipiniana Restaurant made me taste her taffy apple salad version, I fell in love with it. This is my version!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Short & Sweet
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More