- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. tangerine zest
- 1 cup fresh squeezed tangerine juice
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine tangerine and lemon juices, zest, sugar and butter.
- Heat, stirring constantly until very hot and slightly thickened.
- Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Remove from heat and cool for about fifteen minutes.
- With an electric or rotary mixer, beat eggs until thick and creamy.
- Add the tangerine mixture to the eggs, beating until well mixed.
- Return mixture to the saucepan and stir over low heat until very hot and thickened (mixture will thicken further as it cools).
- Once again, do not allow it to boil.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered for up to two weeks.
NotesSweeter than the more traditional lemon curd, this version is no less versatile. Use it as a spread on toast, muffins, biscuits or scones. It's also a great cookie sandwich filling or cake filling. You can even use it to fill pie or tart shells for a quick dessert.
Makes about 5 cups
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More