- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. tangerine zest
- 1 cup fresh squeezed tangerine juice
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine tangerine and lemon juices, zest, sugar and butter.
- Heat, stirring constantly until very hot and slightly thickened.
- Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Remove from heat and cool for about fifteen minutes.
- With an electric or rotary mixer, beat eggs until thick and creamy.
- Add the tangerine mixture to the eggs, beating until well mixed.
- Return mixture to the saucepan and stir over low heat until very hot and thickened (mixture will thicken further as it cools).
- Once again, do not allow it to boil.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered for up to two weeks.
NotesSweeter than the more traditional lemon curd, this version is no less versatile. Use it as a spread on toast, muffins, biscuits or scones. It's also a great cookie sandwich filling or cake filling. You can even use it to fill pie or tart shells for a quick dessert.
Makes about 5 cups
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More