- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. tangerine zest
- 1 cup fresh squeezed tangerine juice
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine tangerine and lemon juices, zest, sugar and butter.
- Heat, stirring constantly until very hot and slightly thickened.
- Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Remove from heat and cool for about fifteen minutes.
- With an electric or rotary mixer, beat eggs until thick and creamy.
- Add the tangerine mixture to the eggs, beating until well mixed.
- Return mixture to the saucepan and stir over low heat until very hot and thickened (mixture will thicken further as it cools).
- Once again, do not allow it to boil.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered for up to two weeks.
NotesSweeter than the more traditional lemon curd, this version is no less versatile. Use it as a spread on toast, muffins, biscuits or scones. It's also a great cookie sandwich filling or cake filling. You can even use it to fill pie or tart shells for a quick dessert.
Makes about 5 cups
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
CUPPY DUCKING CAKE :S
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More