- Cooking Time: 3 hrs
- Servings: 20-30 cookies
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryI invented these because I wanted to create cookies that had Nutella in them and I wanted a no-bake cookie for the summer. No one wants to have a 350〫F heat source in the house in the summer.
For some reason, I always want to watch Dr. Who after I make these cookies. Because of this, I've named these cookies TARDIS, after the Doctor's time-traveling police box. TARDIS, of course, is an acronym for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space.
So, here they are: TARDIS.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Nutella (I usually eyeball this because it's so sticky)
- pinch of salt (~1/8 tsp)
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and Nutella. Beat together until well blended.
- Add milk, salt, and flour. Stir until blended.
- Add Rice Krispies. Stir until all of the cereal is coated with the Nutella mixture. At this point, the mixture will be sticky and hard to form into cookies.
- Put bowl of dough in the freezer for about an hour. The dough should now stick to itself and hold together.
- Using hands, form dough into balls (about the size of meatballs) and place on a plate. Put plate of cookies back in the freezer to harden for two hours.
- Once the cookies are fully hardened, they can be taken off the plate and stored in a Ziploc bag.
- They will keep in the freezer for over a month, but good luck keeping them that long.