- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (located at most Whole Foods or use olive oil)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 green thai chiles, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (located at most Whole Foods or leave out)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound chicken thighs, boneless (or bone in if you prefer)
- 2 cups tomatoes (canned, diced)
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1. In a large sauce pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat
- 2. Add garlic, onion, chilies, and ginger and suate for about 3 to 5 minutes
- 3. Add paprika, garam masala, tumeric, salt, fenugreek & coriander seeds and toast for 20 – 30 seconds, then add tomato paste and stir well.
- 4. Add chicken thighs, cook 2 minutes on each side, then turn and let cook another 2 minutes on each side.
- 5. Add tomatoes, stir well, add potatoes, stir well, add cilantro and water, and stir well
- 6. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and let cook, covered for 25 – 35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 7. Serve over Basmati rice or rice on the side. Enjoy!
NotesA great tasting chicken dish! Wonderful Indian flavor!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More