- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (located at most Whole Foods or use olive oil)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 green thai chiles, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (located at most Whole Foods or leave out)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound chicken thighs, boneless (or bone in if you prefer)
- 2 cups tomatoes (canned, diced)
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1. In a large sauce pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat
- 2. Add garlic, onion, chilies, and ginger and suate for about 3 to 5 minutes
- 3. Add paprika, garam masala, tumeric, salt, fenugreek & coriander seeds and toast for 20 – 30 seconds, then add tomato paste and stir well.
- 4. Add chicken thighs, cook 2 minutes on each side, then turn and let cook another 2 minutes on each side.
- 5. Add tomatoes, stir well, add potatoes, stir well, add cilantro and water, and stir well
- 6. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and let cook, covered for 25 – 35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 7. Serve over Basmati rice or rice on the side. Enjoy!
NotesA great tasting chicken dish! Wonderful Indian flavor!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More