TBC's Chicken Masala
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (located at most Whole Foods or use olive oil)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic cloves
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
3 green thai chiles, finely chopped
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (located at most Whole Foods or leave out)
1 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 pound chicken thighs, boneless (or bone in if you prefer)
2 cups tomatoes (canned, diced)
2 cups chopped potatoes
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
1 1/4 cups water
1. In a large sauce pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat
2. Add garlic, onion, chilies, and ginger and suate for about 3 to 5 minutes
3. Add paprika, garam masala, tumeric, salt, fenugreek & coriander seeds and toast for 20 – 30 seconds, then add tomato paste and stir well.
4. Add chicken thighs, cook 2 minutes on each side, then turn and let cook another 2 minutes on each side.
5. Add tomatoes, stir well, add potatoes, stir well, add cilantro and water, and stir well
6. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and let cook, covered for 25 – 35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
7. Serve over Basmati rice or rice on the side. Enjoy!
Pairs Well With
A great tasting chicken dish! Wonderful Indian flavor!