- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryA great tasting chicken dish! Wonderful Indian flavor!
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (located at most Whole Foods or use olive oil)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 green thai chiles, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (located at most Whole Foods or leave out)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound chicken thighs, boneless (or bone in if you prefer)
- 2 cups tomatoes (canned, diced)
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1. In a large sauce pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat
- 2. Add garlic, onion, chilies, and ginger and suate for about 3 to 5 minutes
- 3. Add paprika, garam masala, tumeric, salt, fenugreek & coriander seeds and toast for 20 – 30 seconds, then add tomato paste and stir well.
- 4. Add chicken thighs, cook 2 minutes on each side, then turn and let cook another 2 minutes on each side.
- 5. Add tomatoes, stir well, add potatoes, stir well, add cilantro and water, and stir well
- 6. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and let cook, covered for 25 – 35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 7. Serve over Basmati rice or rice on the side. Enjoy!