TBC'S CHICKEN SCARPARIELLO
TBC's Chicken Scarpariello
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4 to 5
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 pounds Chicken; Drumettes & Wings or Wings & Thighs skin removed
- 1 pound Italian Sausage; hot or mild cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Red bell pepper; julienned
- 8 cherry peppers; hot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 Baking potatoes; peeled, diced
- 1 large onion; sliced
- 3/4 cup Fresh mushrooms; sliced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary; leaves crushed
- 2 cup Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoons All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Water
1. In a large skillet heat oil
2. In batches brown chicken and suasage, and remove to a plate and set aside (you can dredge the chicken lightly in some salt and pepper'd flour if you don't mind the extra calories)
3. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings and return the skillet to medium-high heat
4. Add the mushrooms, red bell peppers, sliced cherry peppers, onion, potatoes, and garlic; saute until tender. About 5 - 7 minutes .. Stir Often.
5. Return the chicken & sausage back to the pan, stir, then add the salt, black pepper, the rosemary , the broth, the wine, and lemon juice
6. Bring to a boil then lower heat cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
7. Remove chicken and sausage from skillet. Arrange on plates or on a platter
8. Skim the fat from the mixture left in the skillet.
9. In a small bowl, mix the 1/2 cup water and 4 tablespoons of flour until well combined. Pour into the skillet, stirring consistently.
10. Raise the heat to medium, bring to a boil, cooking and stirring for a full minute
11. Remove from heat, spoon sauce over the top of each plate of chicken and sausage or over the the platter of chicken and sausage
12. Enjoy this hearty, extremely delicious, Italian-American Classic!!