TBC's Chicken in Lemon Butter Cream Sauce
2 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts; halved, and pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
1 cup All purpose flour
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup Butter; (1/2 stick)
3/4 cup Heavy cream
1/4 cup Butter; (1/2 stick) for sauce
1/2 cup Dry white wine
1 Shallot; minced
2 tablespoons Fresh parsley chopped
1. In a small shallow bowl combine flour, kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
2. In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick of butter. Once butter is 1/2 melted, coat each chicken breast well with the flour mixture, and place into the skillet.
3. Cook first side about 5-6 minutes until golden brown, then flip and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes.
4. At the last minute of cooking, squeeze juice of 1 lemon over the chicken, let simmer for 1 minute, then remove from heat, and transfer the chicken to serving plate and set the pan with the drippings aside.
5. In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, add shallot and 1/2 cup of wine, stir, and reduce to about 2 to 3 tablespoons. Then add 1/2 stick of butter, melt, then add heavy cream, and juice from 1 lemon and whisk. Let warm through, then remove from heat, and pour sauce over chicken breasts.
6. Serve with lemon wedges, or slices topped with fresh parsley.
Pairs Well With
A simple, tasty chicken dish, with a creamy lemon sauce.