- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 8 ounces Pasta; Linguine
- 16 large Shrimp; frozen and thawed or fresh
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Italian parsley; finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 dash Ground black pepper
- 1 dash Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine; or vermouth (I use a Pinot)
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 medium lemon
- 1. If using frozen shrimp, defrost running cold water over shrimps in a colander for 5 minutes. Pat Dry. If using fresh shrimp, rinse and pat dry with paper towel. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- 2. Cook pasta according to box directions, strain and set aside.
- 3. In a medium skillet, over medium heat, heat butter. When foaming subsides, add garlic, and saute for 2 minutes, add red pepper flakes, and saute for 30 seconds, then add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Turn shrimp cook for an additional minute, then transfer shrimp to a bowl or plate and set aside.
- 4. Turn heat up to medium high, add wine, bring to a boil stirring often scraping up bits from bottom. Add juice from 1 lemon, parsley, cook for 30 seconds more, then reduce heat to low, return the shrimp to the pan, and add pasta and toss well to coat.
- 5. Dish out 2 servings, then sprinkle each plate with 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese and some fresh parsley.
NotesThis is a dish my girlfriend is always requesting. She likes everything with a little spice, and I always try to accommodate. I like to add a little red pepper flake and extra ground black pepper into my shrimp scampi. It really gives it that extra touch! I also like to use a nice pinot grigio although vermouth works well too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More