TBC'S SPICY BEANLESS CHILI
TBC's Spicy Beanless Chili
- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 poundground beef or turkey
- 15 ounceTomato sauce
- 15 ouncediced tomato pureed or tomato juice
- 1 cupwater
- 3/4 cupGreen bell pepper; finely chopped
- 1/4 cuponion; finely chopped
- 2 Red Jalapeno; finely chopped
- 1 Serrano chiles; finely chopped
- 2 clovesgarlic; minced
- 4 tbspChili powder
- 1 tspDried oregano
- 1 tspPaprika
- 1/2 tspcumin seed; ground
- 1/2 tspCayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbspRed pepper flakes
- 1/4 tspsalt
1. In a large sauce pot, over medium heat, add meat, onion, garlic, bell pepper, serrano, jalapenos, and cook, breaking the meat down into tiny tiny pieces, and stir well to incorporate all ingredients. Continue to cook until all pink is gone.
2. Drain the grease from the pot (remove the meat, remove grease, return pot to stove) Add back the drained ingredients.
3. Add tomato sauce, tomato juice or pureed diced tomatoes, water and spices
4. Bring to a boil, continue to stir and mix well. Once chili reaches a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes, or for a thicker chili, cook longer.
5. Dish out, top with some shredded cheddar, and enjoy!
If you would like to make this in a crock pot, add all ingredients to the crock pot, stir well, for best results, cook on low for 4 hours. (or on high for 2 hours).