TBC'S SPICY BLACKENED TALAPIA
TBC's Spicy Blackened Talapia
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 Talapia Filets; about 5 oz each
- 1 Vegetable Spray or Pam
- 3/4 cupGuacamole; homemade or store
- 1 cupSalsa; Fresh, homemade or store
- 1 Lime; cut into wedges
- FOR CAJUN SPICE MIX
- 2 tablespoonspaprika
- 1 tablespoonDried oregano
- 1 tablespoonGround cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoonDried thyme
- 1 teaspoonGround white pepper
- 1 teaspoonGarlic powder
- 1 teaspoonFreshly ground pepper
1. Combine paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne, black pepper, white pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl, and mix well.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and spray generously with Pam or Vegetable Cooking Spray
3. Lay out the talapia fillets on a cutting board and generously coat with the reserved spice mix, turn and coat other side generously then place all 4 into the large skillet (if using a smaller skillet cook in pairs).
4. Cook about 5-6 minutes per side and flip carefully as to not break the fish, using a large spatula.
5. Remove fillets from heat, plate, and top with 3 tablespoons of salsa and 2 tablespoons of guacamole. Serve with lime wedges