- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 Chicken breasts boneless and skinless; scalopini, or pound thin
- 12 slicesBacon; thick cut, cooked
- 8 slicespepper jack cheese
- 4 French sandwich rolls; or other
- 12 sliceRoma Tomatoes; or on the vine
- 1 mediumonion; sliced
- 1 headRomaine; washed
- 1/2 cupAll purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoonPaprika
- 1/4 teaspoonBlack pepper
- 1 pinchSalt
- 1/4 cupbutter; plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoonCayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoonGarlic powder
- 1/4 cuphot sauce; (i used sriracha sauce)
- 3/4 cupMayonnaise
- 1/4 cupSour cream
- 1 teaspoonCayenne pepper; for mayo
- 1 cupVegetable oil; or more for frying
- 1/2 teaspoonRed pepper flakes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine, flour, paprika, black pepper, salt, mix well, then pour into a large zip-lock bag. Add the chicken breasts to the bag, seal, shake well for 2 minutes to generously coat all the breasts well. Set aside
- 2. In a small bowl, combine mayo, cayenne for mayo, and sour cream, and mix well to incorporate all ingredients. Once incorporated, taste, adjust, set aside.
- 3. Preheat Oven to 350F!
- 4. I like to melt 2 tbsp butter in the micro, use a brush to cover the bread, and grill for a few minutes, or you can just toast it or have it fresh, that option is all you!
- 5. In a large frying pan heat the oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add the chicken
- breasts, and fry on each side about 4-5 minutes per side until really nice and golden brown. Once the breasts are cooked remove to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- 6. While the chicken is draining, your bread should be toasting, or almost done, grab a small sauce pot throw the heat on high and melt down the 1/4 stick of butter and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Yes you can use the microwave,
- 7. Add the garlic powder, cayenne, and hot sauce, and whisk together
- 8. add the drained chicken to the bowl, and toss gently. Add the red pepper flakes, continue to toss to cover completely
- 9. Grab a cookie sheet, place chicken on the sheet, add 2 slices pepper jack cheese to each breast, put in the oven for 5-6 minutes until cheese has melted well. While that's going make sure you did not burn the toast! Remove from the oven, and construct sandwich
- 10. Grab your bread, spread a VERY THIN layer of the reserved mayo (OR PLAIN MAYO IF WANTED) on all the tops and bottoms, add a piece of chicken to each bottom, then 3 slices of bacon, tomato, some sliced onion and a nice hand full or romaine, slice in half and serve with some lemon wedges, celery sticks, carrots, blue cheese or ranch dressing, or even MORE HOT SAUCE!!
NotesThis was a sandwich that I was inspired to make after a fun chat on a food forum. It is extremely tasty, with a nice kick! I was just having a nice chat with some friends and we started talking about sandwiches and spicy foods, and just got inspired to throw down a really nice sandwich for lunch. The result was fantastic and a must share!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More