- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 (7-ounce) package Spanish rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 package tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapenos
- Combine ground beef, egg, rice mix and water in a large bowl; mix well. Shape into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Chill for several minutes to firm.
- Brown meatballs in a large skillet over medium-high heat; pour off drippings. Add tomatoes, onion and green pepper. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and rice is tender.
- Arrange tortilla chips in serving dish. Spoon in meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle with cheese
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Adventures in CookingSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More