- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the steak strips, and cook until browned on all sides. Drain the excess oil and stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 290; Total Fat 7g; Saturated Fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 690mg; Carbohydrate 33g; Fiber 9g; Protein 26g
NotesLayered with steak, beans, tomatoes and Cayenne pepper, this Texas chili is sure to knock your boots off.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More