- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySource of Recipe
Quick and easy Thai noodles make a tasty meal. You can easily change the ingredients to suit your own tastes. Different veggies can be added or substituted such as mushrooms, snow peas etc
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons kikoman soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup diced extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 sliced Thai chile or thai chili paste (just use very little the first time and then you'll know how much to increase or decrease it by the)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced broccoli
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup Thai basil (you can use regular basil leaves in its place if you can't find this ingredient but it will give a different flavor
- Soak noodles for 15 minutes in warm water.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook rice noodles until just tender, about 1 minute; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the Kikoman sauce, oyster sauce and sugar and put it aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu and cook until its a golden colour which should take about 30 seconds to a minute and set this aside.
- Add garlic and cook 10 seconds.
- Add chili, broccoli, onion and stir fry for 30 secs.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, noodles, sprouts, basil and reserved tofu and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until hot.
- Serve in a serving platter.
- MY NOTE:
- Double up on the soy, oyster sauce and brown sugar