- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons kikoman soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup diced extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 sliced Thai chile or thai chili paste (just use very little the first time and then you'll know how much to increase or decrease it by the)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced broccoli
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup Thai basil (you can use regular basil leaves in its place if you can't find this ingredient but it will give a different flavor
- Soak noodles for 15 minutes in warm water.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook rice noodles until just tender, about 1 minute; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the Kikoman sauce, oyster sauce and sugar and put it aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu and cook until its a golden colour which should take about 30 seconds to a minute and set this aside.
- Add garlic and cook 10 seconds.
- Add chili, broccoli, onion and stir fry for 30 secs.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, noodles, sprouts, basil and reserved tofu and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until hot.
- Serve in a serving platter.
- MY NOTE:
- Double up on the soy, oyster sauce and brown sugar
NotesSource of Recipe
Quick and easy Thai noodles make a tasty meal. You can easily change the ingredients to suit your own tastes. Different veggies can be added or substituted such as mushrooms, snow peas etc
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More