- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 miutes
- Fresh Tiger Prawns-500 gms
- Ginger Paste- 1tbsp
- Coconut Milk-2 cups
- Bay leaves-2
- Whole garam masala (cinnamon,cardamom,)- 1 spoon
- Onion paste- 3 tbsp
- Kasmiri mirch powder(Red chilli powder which is less pungent, while being stronger in color)- half spoon
- Turmeric- 1 spoon
- Ghee (closest english term would be clarified butter)- half a cup
- Sugar- To taste
- Salt- to taste
- Marinade prawns with salt and turmeric and keep aside or about 20 minutes.
- In a pan heat ghee. Now add two bay leaves,whole garam masala. Now add the marinated prawns and fry well. Add onion paste,ginger paste and cook well till onion turns golden brown. Add kashmiri mirch powder ,a pinch of turmeric and coconut milk and cook in simmer till the gravy thickens.Add salt and sugar (to taste). Cook for another 3 minutes. Serve with plain Basmati Rice.
NotesI owe the lovely ladies (mom and granny) for this recipe. The term "Malai Curry" means a curry made of of creamy cocunut milk.This is an authentic and the most popular recipe of Bengal and well known all across the alpha world cities.It is special as it retains the original flavor of prawns even after its cooked.........I tried this one a couple of times and its just too good....here is the recipe for all foodies.