- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Boil Together:
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsps butter
- Cool Slightly.
- Add the following ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 (scant) teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup nuts (we like walnuts)
- 2 tsps baking soda
- Pour dough into well greased (sprayed with Pam is great!) tin cans (#2 1/2 or soup cans) about ½ full.
- Bake at 350º for 50 minutes, (but I check after 45).
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from cans...allow to cool a bit longer, then wrap in foil.
- Yummy served with cream cheese or butter.
- Makes 4-5 #2 1/2 cans or 5-6 soup cans.
- Lovely gifts tied with a ribbon
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More