- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua or coffee-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3 ripe (not overripe) bananas (one mashed blended in with 2 tablespoons sour cream, 2 sliced)
- 1 small box (4 1/2 cup servings) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 large container of cool whip, slightly defrosted, divided
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- 1 envelope powdered chocolate drink mix, for dusting
- Prepare coffee liquid: Stir together in a small bowl 1/4 cup milk, 1 tablespoon instant coffee, 1 tablespoon Kahlua and 2 tablespoons sugar; stir well until coffee is almost dissolved;set aside. Split sponge cake horizontally into 3 layers. Sprinkle the coffee liquid over cake layers. Leave to soak.
- Prepare Banana Cream: With hand mixer, beat together cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar until smooth and blended. Add pudding mix to remaining 1 1/4 cups whole milk and beat till mixture thickens. Beat together cream cheese mixture, pudding and mashed banana mixture until smooth and blended. Gently fold in half of cool whip and sliced bananas until just combined.
- To assemble:Place bottom cake layer on a trifle bowl or springform pan. Spread with 1/3 of the banana cream filling. Repeat layering with 2nd cake layer and banana cream filling. Top with third cake layer and spread remaining filling over cake. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, spread remaining cool whip on top fo cake and dust with choco drink mix. Cut and serve.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More