- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 tablespoon instant cappuccino
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Cut butter with flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Fold in toffee bits and instant cappuccino. Make a well in the dry ingredients. Put bowl in freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and cream. Pour into dry ingredients in the chilled bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Make two balls on wax paper. Dough will be dry. Pat each ball into a circle 1 inch thick. Score triangles into dough. Do not separate.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 400 degrees F (200 C) for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (148-150 degrees C) and bake 10 more minutes.
- When scones are cool, drizzle caramel ice cream topping over them, if desired.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More