- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. shortcrust pastry
- 1 lb. grd. pork
- 1 finely chopped medium onion
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp. grd. cloves (?)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- egg wash to brush pastry
- Roll pastry thinly and cut into 5” circles.
- Stack circles and chill while making filling.
- In a pot combine all ingrediebnts except potatoes and egg wash, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Remove from heat, drain off liquid and allow to cool.
- Mix potatoes into this mixture.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp. of filling onto the centre of a pastry circle, lift one side of pastry and fold over, press firmly to seal.
- Don’t make too thin or it will burn.
- Prick top with a fork, brush top with egg wash, place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
NotesI am not a fan of cloves with meat so I left the cloves out of the recipe but have left the listing in this in case anyone else wants the original recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Cooking for a CureSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More