- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. shortcrust pastry
- 1 lb. grd. pork
- 1 finely chopped medium onion
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp. grd. cloves (?)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- egg wash to brush pastry
- Roll pastry thinly and cut into 5” circles.
- Stack circles and chill while making filling.
- In a pot combine all ingrediebnts except potatoes and egg wash, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Remove from heat, drain off liquid and allow to cool.
- Mix potatoes into this mixture.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp. of filling onto the centre of a pastry circle, lift one side of pastry and fold over, press firmly to seal.
- Don’t make too thin or it will burn.
- Prick top with a fork, brush top with egg wash, place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
NotesI am not a fan of cloves with meat so I left the cloves out of the recipe but have left the listing in this in case anyone else wants the original recipe.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Playdough using cream of tartar
Frozen Lemonade Pie
Jams and MarmaladesSee More