- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 11/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 oz. milk chocolate, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 oz. white chocolate, cut into 1/2" pieces
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In large bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut butter into 1/2" cubes and distribute over flour mixture. With pastry blender or two knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter 'til mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In small bowl, stir together buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chunks 'til they are evenly distributed.
- Using a 1/4 c. measuring cup, drop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, leaving about 2" between scones. Bake for 23-25 min. or 'til the tops are lightly browned and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of a scones comes out clean.
- Remove baking sheet to wire rack and cool for 5 min. Using a spatula transfer scones to wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cool completely and store in airtight container.
- These scones freeze well.
Notes"These tender scones are studded with chunks of bittersweet, milk and white chocolate. Our dropped scones are great any time of day. Served with a glass of milk, they make a welcomed after-school snack."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More