- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 Tb. unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. chopped dried papaya
- 1/2 c. chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 c. chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 3 oz. white chocolate, cut into 1/2" pieces
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly butter a 9" diameter circle in center of baking sheet.
- In large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut butter into 1/2" cubes and distribute over flour mixture. With pastry blender or two knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter 'til mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In small bowl stir together milk, egg and vanilla. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in papaya, pineapple, macadamia nuts, coconut and white chocolate 'til evenly distributed.
- With lightly floured hands, pat dough into an 8" circle in center of prepared baking sheet. With serrated knife, cut into 8 wedges. Bake 18-20 min. or 'til top is lightly browned and cake tester or toothpick inserted into center of scone comes out clean.
- Remove baking sheet to wire rack and cool for 5 min. Using a spatula transfer scones to wire rack to cool. Re-cut wedges, if necessary. Serve warm or cool completely and store in airtight container.
- These scones freeze well.
Notes"One bite of these fruity, nutty scones will take you on a trip to the islands. These sweet treats provide a summery addition at any time of the year."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
GAES PTO Recipes
Cooking with SabraSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More