- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped, canned water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) solid, light tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups loosely packed, torn lettuce leaves or baby spinach leaves
- Set aside half the Mandarin orange segments and several water chestnut slices. Break up tuna in a medium bowl. Mix in mayonnaise and curry powder, if desired, with a fork. Stir in oranges and water chestnuts. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture onto each tortilla to within 1 inch of the edge. Make a funny face using 1/2 cup lettuce for hair, the extra Mandarin orange segments for a mouth and eyebrows and extra water chestnut slices for eyes. Roll up and serve immediately or keep cool. Or, get right to eating and top with lettuce, extra Mandarin orange segments and water chestnut slices. Roll up and serve.
- Calories 250; Total fat 3.5g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 620mg; Carbohydrate 28g; Fiber 3g; Protein 25g Vitamin A 60%DV*; Vitamin C 50%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 15%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesFor a great hand-held meal to pack and carry (or enjoy at home), roll a savory tuna salad in a sturdy tortilla. Kids can help prepare this easy meal and even make a funny face with the ingredients and other tasty vegetables in the kitchen like red bell peppers and olives. With this twist on the traditional tuna sandwich, you have a delicious, fun way to follow healthy eating advice: eat fish twice a week!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More