- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Lipton's Golden Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cut-up cooked turkey
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups (5 oz) Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups hot mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375*
- In a large saucepan melt butter and cook flour over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in golden onion soup mix thoroughly blended with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in turkey, vegetables, 1 cup of swiss cheese and pepper. Turn into lightly greased 2-quart casserole; top with hot mashed potatoes, then remaining cheese Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
NotesRecipe is from a 1989 Brandname Cookbook. I have made this several times and have passed the recipe down to my recently married daughter. Her family loves it too.