- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Lipton's Golden Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cut-up cooked turkey
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups (5 oz) Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups hot mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375*
- In a large saucepan melt butter and cook flour over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in golden onion soup mix thoroughly blended with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in turkey, vegetables, 1 cup of swiss cheese and pepper. Turn into lightly greased 2-quart casserole; top with hot mashed potatoes, then remaining cheese Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
NotesRecipe is from a 1989 Brandname Cookbook. I have made this several times and have passed the recipe down to my recently married daughter. Her family loves it too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More