- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture, mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6 servings
NotesNow this is what I call comfort food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More